What can I expect at my first appointment?
You will be asked about your reasons for getting a massage, current physical condition, medical history, life-style, stress level, and specific painful areas.
You will then be left alone in the treatment room to undress to your level of comfort. Then lay on the table beneath the sheet or towel provided. During the treatment you will be fully covered, except for the part currently being massaged. Your modesty is always respected!
Some massages, such as chair massage, are done fully clothed. For this type of massage, you will be seated in a specially designed, portable chair.
During your massage, quiet music will be playing to encourage you to let go of stress and tension, focus on your breathing, and just relax.
What are the benefits of massage?
- Deep relaxation & stress reduction
- Relief of muscle tension & stiffness
- Deeper & easier breathing
- Stronger immune system
- Greater peace of mind
- A relaxed state of mental alertness
- Enhanced capacity for calm thinking & creativity
- Reduced level of anxiety
- Increased awareness of mind-body connection